Hygiene regulations for concert patrons
The attendance at concerts at the Gewandhaus is, until further notice, subject to a range of hygiene regulations formulated to facilitate the containment of Coronavirus. Compliance with the following measures is obligatory and serves to safeguard your own personal health, as well as that of your fellow concertgoers.
- Prerequisite for the purchase of tickets is the registration of patrons’ full name, address and telephone number, for the purpose of potentially tracing chains of infection. All personal data will be deleted three weeks after the event. The provision of this data on the part of the patron is voluntary in accordance with Article 6, Paragraph 1, Letter a of the General Data Protection Regulations of the Federal Republic of Germany.
- Ticketholders are permitted to enter the Gewandhaus only when experiencing none of the known symptoms of COVID-19. According to the Robert Koch Institute, these are: high temperature, cough, cold, sore throat, head ache, sore limbs, gastrointestinal complaints, loss of the sense of smell or taste.
- The Gewandhaus will open for concert patrons 30 minutes prior to commencement of the concert. Patrons attending a pre-concert talk are permitted to enter the Gewandhaus one hour before commencement of the concert.
- The wearing of a face mask concealing both mouth and nose is obligatory from the moment of entrance to the Gewandhaus until taking one’s seat in the concert hall, and again on leaving one’s seat until leaving the Gewandhaus. Masks may be removed for the duration of the concert while seated.
- Patrons in possession of a medical certificate verifying they are, for health reasons, not able to wear a face mask are required to wear a visor, without which entrance to both the foyer and the concert halls cannot be granted.
- The established social distancing guideline of 1.5m to other persons is to be adhered to in the Gewandhaus.
- We are not able to offer a cloakroom service. Please deposit coats and other items of outdoor clothing on the vacant seat adjacent to your own.
- The seat rows and seats sold comply with the current official requirements regarding social distancing.