Admission and Educational Content
Applications are now being accepted for the following positions in the Orchestra Academy, commencing in the winter semester 2018/19:
- Violin (audition on April 10th 2018)
- Viola (audition on April 9th 2018)
- Flute (audition on April 16th 2018)
- Clarinet (audition on April 6th 2018)
- Trumpet (audition on April 17th 2018)
- Harp (audition on April 18th 2018)
- Percussion (audition on April 9th 2018)
- Piano (audition on April 3rd 2018)
Please submit your application via www.muv.ac.
Application deadline can be find on www.muv.ac
Age limit: 26 years on the date of audition.
Content of the two-year course of study:
- Extensive orchestral experience acquired by approx. 15 services per month with the Gewandhausorchester (in the Gewandhaus zu Leipzig, the Oper Leipzig and the Thomaskirche)
- Monthly bursary of €800
- Individual tuition by members of the Gewandhausorchester
- Regular chamber music Performances
- Mock auditions
- Training in stress management, stage performance, mediation etc.
- Workshops with soloists and conductors
As part of the partnership between the Boston Symphony Orchestra and the Gewandhausorchester Leipzig, academists will have the possibility of participating in the summer program of the Tanglewood Music Center (TMC). The admission fee and travel costs, as well as room, board and tuition, will be covered by the TMC and the Gewandhausorchester.